Social media marketing has become one of the most important things for any website or blog. On the same note, businesses that use WordPress as a blogging platform are increasingly making use of this social media to promote their blogs. They do so to get recognition among the present customers and reach out to potentially new ones. Facebook has become one of the largest social networking platform in the world with 800+ million users; this is the first choice for WordPress developers. The ideal way to promote your blog on Facebook is to use third-party plugins. These plugins or tools can easily be integrated in your WordPress blog and allow you to share your posts and promote them virally.
Popular Facebook Tools for WordPress
- Facebook for WordPress – This is one of the most popular Facebook plugins as it allows you to cross-publish content on the social networking site. The published posts appear on the Facebook Timeline as well as on the Facebook Pages helping you reach out to your followers virally.
- Facebook Fan Box Plugin – Facebook Fan Box plugin helps in gathering fans on Facebook, which is one of the most sought after things for any business. It displays a box on your blog showing recent updates made on your Facebook page along with details of the fans that have followed you, thus encouraging your visitors to join the club.
- WordPress Facebook Connect – Another popular WordPress plugin this adds Facebook functionality to your blog. Your visitors can post their comment on your blog with their Facebook account. The comments would appear on their news feed and profile pages and will be visible within their network. It encourages others to read your blog and creates a community surrounding your blog.
- Facebook Posted Items – With the use of this WordPress plugin, you will be able to display a list of items that you have posted on Facebook. This is a good way of promoting online content that attracts the visitors and would be beneficial for you as well. This way you can add some variety to your Facebook page which in turn drives in more visitors to your official blog.
- Facebook Live Stream – If you are webcasting a live event on your WordPress blog and want to promote it over a huge network, this is the perfect plugin for you. It allows your fans to share comments and activity on their Facebook profiles instantly. This real-time marketing allows you to promote events which can lead to fast sales.
These plugins allow you to market your WordPress blog virally and create a brand identity for your business over such a powerful platform helping you gather new leads and penetrate into newer markets. This marketing campaign needs to be handled methodically identifying your target audience. You should strike a perfect balance with the campaign as too much of promotion can annoy your fans and followers. It is advisable that you hire the services of a good Internet marketing company, which has expertise in social media marketing.